db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Duncan Groenewald <duncangroenew...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject Re: Derby vs. Hypersonic SQL
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:27:42 GMT
I have used both and now rely on McKoiDB for the majority of work.
While it lacks one or two features it has proven to be very stable and
reliable.  Derby lacks a couple of key features I needed, especially no
user access control (GRANT, REVOKE).

I found Hypersonic's persistent to be unreliable and gave up after
experiencing corruption on a number of databases.

I started a simple evaluation document to compare key features I needed
which might help.  Send me your email address and I'll forward you a
copy if you would like.

Regards
Duncan