db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Robert Enyedi <robert.eny...@intland.com>
Subject Derby vs. Hypersonic SQL
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:07:18 GMT
Hi,

We have a MySQL database with around 50 tables and we are thinking about
supporting other database engines too. After studying the options on the
Java DB engine implementations, it seems that there are two important
contenders: Apache Derby and Hypersonic SQL. While our feeling is that
Hypersonic SQL is a more mature product, Derby seems to be hyped about a
lot these days and it also has quite some history since the days of
Informix and Cloudscape.

Could you please help in our decision by pointing out some advantages
and shortcomings of Apache Derby versus Hypersonic SQL?

Thanks,
Robert