db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unique case-insensitive constraint on a varchar column
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:34:39 GMT
Terry Kilshaw wrote:

> Derby should offer a case-insensitive operation mode.
> This is something I have been asking for.
> Here is the text of my feature request application. Feel free to support
> this if you see the same need

> What, I wonder, are chances of that?

Chance goes up to about 100% if you get involved yourself. :-)

Apache projects are open source and a "do-ocracy".

Please consider subscribing to the derby-dev list and start in any
number of ways:
    - help research the standards
    - help define the api (your Jira entry is a great start here)
    - write test cases
    - implement the feature

We welcome new contributors and will do our best to answer any technical
questions. Help on getting started is here:

View raw message