db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No suitable driver for ij
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 03:16:27 GMT
Zithulele Basil Shange wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> The "NoClassDefFoundError" usually occurs when you have two or more of the
> same classes from different jars or zip files. Can you submit the
> stacktrace?
>
> Zithulele

Is this from IJ?  If the derbyclient.jar is not found then I would
expect the error you got first (no suitable driver) - IJ catches the
exception and presents a more 'friendly' message.  I get the expected
JAVA exception when I specify an invalid driver name.  What is the class
listed in the exception?
Here's my test :

java -Dij.driver=mybogusDriver org.apache.derby.tools.ij
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mybogusDriver

The driver you need to specify is:  /org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver/

HTH