db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Duncan Groenewald <duncangroenew...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject How to modify the SQLParser to handle NULL in column definitions ?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:51:31 GMT
Can anyone provide a pointer as to what needs to be modified in order
for derby to handle a column definition that includes a NULL, as shown
below:

create testtable(
    code int   NOT NULL,
    description varchar(32) NULL
)

I have no real idea how the parser works but figured it can't be that
hard to be able to handle this without complaining about a syntax
error.  It looks to me like this gets done in the SQLParser.java file
but I have not been able to figure out how it works.  There is also a
sqlgrammar.jj file which I assume is not actually used for anything
although it looks like it might be some kind of definition file for
SQLParser.

Thanks in advance.
Duncan