db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File system
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 01:23:23 GMT
fedmachn@tlen.pl wrote:
> I have a question about system of writing data on hard disk. How derbi write data to
files and which files are date.

Hi -
The experts in Derby internal processing are on the derby-dev maillist -
this list handles usage questions but here are some very basic answers.

Derby utilizes java.io methods for writing in order to be platform
independent.  The developers can talk to which ones and why if this is
of interest.

The Derby data files are found in in the 'seg0' subdirectory of the
database directory.  There is one c*.dat file for each table and index
(c stands for Conglomerate).