db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Anders Morken <ander...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: unable to access DB on classpath
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:34:53 GMT
Brian Ehmann:
> First, when jar-ing a db directory it was necessary to jar from one
> level up and not the db directory itself.  For example, if the db,
> named myDB, is in /data/myDB, it is necessary to jar the /data
> directory.

Uhm, minor clarification: If you've created a database called myDB
placed in /data, run "jar cf /data/myDB.jar myDB/" in the /data
directory to create the database jar file. A jar file created by running
"jar cf /data/myDB.jar ." in /data/myDB won't be discovered by Derby.

I think the docs could use a bit of polishing here, and maybe a few
examples of how you'd go about creating and using jar files with
databases wouldn't hurt. =)

=)

--
Anders Morken

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right!