db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Disabling foreign key constraints
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:56:39 GMT

[SNIP]
[mjs]
Ah, but there are other ways of performing a fast load that doesn't require
adding the feature of disabling of foreign key constraints.

If you were going to look at adding a HPL (High Performance Loader) then
you're probably going to want to look at revamping how Derby stores data on
disk.

What I am suggesting is that when you look at adding a new "feature" that
you don't become myopic, focusing only on that feature and then cobbling it
in to the database code stream.