db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Article about Derby and Ajax based on Francois Orsini's "Database in a Browser Demo"
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:56:57 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks - it sounds like the version you will be coming up with is another good
way to show how well Derby integrates into numerous environments.  I'll be interested
in seeing  your app, paper / article, etc., if you end up sharing it.

Susan

----- Original Message ----
From: David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM>
To: Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2006 2:45:01 PM
Subject: Re: Article about Derby and Ajax based on Francois Orsini's "Database in a Browser
Demo"

Great stuff, Susan!  I've been working on a very similar version, but
I'm trying out DWR (http://getahead.ltd.uk/dwr) instead of using XML.
It's a much easier programming model (IMHO) and only adds 185K to the
total download size.

I'm also trying to use Java Persistence instead of JDBC, but that's much
more heavyweight.  It again really simplifies the programming, but it
adds another 2MB to the total download size (I'm getting the
implementation from Glassfish).  I could use Pack200 to make that
smaller, but still, that's a heavy chunk of change.

Good to know about XMLSERIALIZE, I didn't know about that!

David