db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bobko" <r...@ostrich-emulators.com>
Subject Re: Query performance of joining table and a view
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:08:22 GMT
One thing I'd try is creating the statement without using the view. That
is, merge the view creation statement in with your select, and see if
that helps. I had a similar problem using Oracle one time, where the
distinct-ness of the view killed my performance. It turned out that the
view had to be materialized for every row in the correllated subquery,
which as you can expect, really ate up the time.

ry

> Hi,
> Thanx for the answers. I am guess the slowness is because of my query
but when I run same query on any other database they perform much better
than derby. I tried indexing but it didnot work. I will try to use
analyzing properties. I hope I can find the problem.