Hi Ateesh,

Optimizer hint support was added to Derby 10.2 as part of jira DERBY-573 : Provide support for optimizer overrides in Derby.

If you think you have come across some Derby optimization issue with your particular scenario, you should probably send more info on it to the Derby community and someone might be able to take a look to see if there is a real bug involved here.

Mamta