db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matt Frantz <mhfrantz2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Embedded driver support for ResultSet.getRow
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:38:29 GMT
I am porting an application from PostgreSQL to Derby.  I use ResultSet.getRow()
to keep track of whether a particular row has been processed.  However, I get an
error like this:

The 'getRow()' method is only allowed on scroll cursors

It seems that even a forward iterator should be able to keep count of the rows,
so this method should be supported.  Am I mistaken about the semantics of this
method?  Is there another way to know which row I'm on without using scrolling
ResultSets, which (according to the docs) read the results into memory?

Matt Frantz

View raw message