db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Eike Stepper <step...@sympedia.com>
Subject Re: 'VARCHAR' from a data value of type '0'
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:42:22 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen schrieb:
> Eike Stepper <stepper@sympedia.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> It seems like setNull() is called with 0 as type id (second argument)
> at line 95 in StatementCreatorUtils.java. It should work if you change
> the type id to java.sql.Types.VARCHAR.

Hi Knut,

Thx for your quick reply.
Unfortunately the call to setNull() is in the Spring Framework, which I can't change ;-(
Isn't it confusing that the same application did properly work with mysql and hsqldb drivers?

Could the problem also be caused by a bug in the Derby PreparedStatement implementation?
Type id '0' returned instead of java.sql.Types.VARHAR...

Cheers
/Eike