db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not able to create encrypted database
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:53:13 GMT
On 7/6/06, Supal Patel <supal.patel@in.ibm.com> wrote:
[snip details about the problem]
> This makes sense because you dont have 'com.ibm.j9.jce.provider.J9JCEProvider'
> in your classpath.
>
> But in my case I do have j9jceprov.jar in my classpath. And that is why I am
> getting error as mentioned below :
>
> ERROR XBM01: Startup failed due to an exception. See next exception for
> details.
> ERROR XBCXG: The encryption provider 'J9JCEProvider' does not exist.
>
> So now what I want to understand is what causes this error message  :
> "ERROR XBCXG"
>
> I am using J9 (JCL:MAX) JRE and Derby 10.1.2 database.
>
> Can anyone please help me ?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Supal Patel

Hi Supal,

I have never tried the encryption provider you mentioned, and I lost
(due to a hard disk crash) my installed j9 files...But I will try to
help...

What OS are you working on, and what version of j9 do you have (so I
can try to get a similar set up)?
Also, I am wondering how exactly your jvm is started.
Specifically, do you use the -Xbootclasspath?
Have you been able to use the j9jceprov.jar with other products (not derby)?
And, based on the commented-out line in JDBC_Test.java I wonder if you
were able to create an encrypted database with the
BouncyCastleProvider?

Thx,
Myrna