db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:31:55 GMT
Hi Myrna,

It was the logStatementText that I was looking for in this particular
case. I just overlooked it.

I was thinking that "surely there is a way to get varying levels of
trace/debug/log information" but I'll start with this one.

Thanks,

Craig

On Jul 21, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> On 7/21/06, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a simple way to have Derby log stuff? I've scoured the
>> doc and
>> can't really find much. What I'm mostly looking for is execution
>> of SQL
>> statements, results coming back from the database, etc. I know,
>> pretty
>> general, but I can't find anything at all on how to configure the
>> logging to
>> get anything at all.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>>

> You mean, properties like:
> derby.infolog.append=true
> derby.language.logStatementText=true
> derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0
> ?
> I just poke around at the properties used in the tests, especially the
> store tests.
> There's some fascinating properties in the xaOffline1_derby.properties
> file but I've not used those myself. (eg. derby.debug.true=LogTrace).
>
> Myrna

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!