db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ray Kiddy <kid...@apple.com>
Subject refs to org.apache.derby.jdbc in jdbc tests?
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:55:29 GMT

I was expecting that the tests for Derby's JDBC compliance (in java/
testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbcapi/) would
not need to have any references to any of the classes which actually
implement Derby's version of the JDBC API.

So, I see in java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/
jdbcapi/UpdateXXXTest.java:

	package org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi;

	import org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.util.BaseJDBCTestCase;

	import java.sql.ResultSet;
	import java.sql.SQLException;
	import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
	import java.sql.Statement;
	import java.sql.Connection;

	import java.math.BigDecimal;

This seems to be as it should be. but I also see this in java/testing/
org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbcapi/xaJNDI.java:

	package org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi;

	import org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource;
	import org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedXADataSource;

	import java.util.Hashtable;

	import javax.naming.*;
	import javax.naming.directory.*;

I was wondering if this was deliberate, or if it is just something
that crept into the code. It seems wrong.

I have jdbc tests and I actually use them for multiple drivers. I
just initialize the tests with different JDBC URLs and have
properties for some constants that need to get checked.

Even if this test suite is just for derby, being able to run against
other drivers would validate the JDBC API conformance testing.

Was there a reason for referring to the specific implementation
classes in the tests?

thanx - ray