db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Fantry, John" <JFan...@analogic.com>
Subject How to monitor progress during data import
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:37:12 GMT

I am using Derby to import a large text file into a table.  I would like
to be able to display a progress dialog to the user while the import is
processing.  In order to provide a useful progress bar I need to be able
to calculate the % complete of the import procedure.  Does anyone know
if this can be done?  The table is locked during the import so I can't
execute any SELECT COUNT(*) statements in a separate thread.  Perhaps
Derby outputs some statistics to a log file?  I did stumble across the
RunTimeStatistics attribute in the Derby docs, but this attribute is
only meaningful after the import is complete.  I need insight into the
import procedure while it's executing.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
-John

The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may be privileged.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by sending an email
to DeliveryErrors@analogic.com - and destroy all copies of this information, including any
attachments, without reading or disclosing them.

Thank you.