db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:40:38 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

> It was the logStatementText that I was looking for in this particular
> case. I just overlooked it.

because it was well hidden I think.

I  think there is a great documentation improvement opportunity here.
This information is hidden in the tuning guide which is not where users
might first look for it and also does not give a  hit on the key  words
"logging", "tracing" or  "trace".  I, like Myrna, often find myself
going first to the functional tests for information on how to do
something,  so it might be worthwhile to file a Jira entry  with an idea
for a better documentation presentation or even just for the  problem
that  derby.language.logStatementText  and other logging properties do
not return a hit on these natural keywords. It   might help the next
user if fixed.

Kathey