db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: !!! Regression Search and Destroy Contest !!!
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:41:28 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> I posted the Wiki page this morning  for the Derby 10.2 Regression
> Search and Destroy contest.   The contest winners will be:
>
> "The top three developers or users who have made the greatest
> contribution toward a seamless upgrade to 10.2."
>
> Details are at:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy
>
> Entries can be anything that helps ease transition to 10.2:  trying
> applications, finding regressions,   reviewing documentation,
> identifying  fixed Jira issues with application impact or anything
> else that contributes to a seamless upgrade. Make sure you record your
> results when you try applications with Derby 10.2 on the page at
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting even if you
> don't find any bugs.
>
> We already have a couple of  contest entries.  Dan filed a regression,
> DERBY-1554,  this afternoon. and Michael Bouschen did JDO 2.1 testing.
> Contest ends September 15.
>
> After you make sure everything is working as it was, don't forget to
> try   JDBC 4.0, Grant/Revoke,  scrollable updatable resultsets  and
> all the other great things that 10.2 has to offer.
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoSnapshot.  When you find a bug
> against  new features, file it in Jira and give yourself a point, but
> it doesn't count in the contest.
>
> Good Luck !
>
> Kathey

I can volunteer to be the second judge, if that  position is still
vacant. ;-)

Another application that I wanted to suggest for testing with Derby 10.2
would be benchmarks like Apache DayTrader using app servers
that support Derby (Geronimo, etc. etc.).  I think running such
scenarios for a longer duration against Derby would be useful
in finding issues.

Regards,
Rajesh