db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Strong <rick.str...@med.nyu.edu>
Subject Re: derby-user Digest 21 Jul 2006 12:08:55 -0000 Issue 353
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:36:30 GMT
Nope - the location is relative to the program's install directory, and it's a simple embedded
mode connection. The connect string looks like this: "jdbc:derby:databaseDir/databaseName;create=true"
- creates a db if it doesn't already exist. Then I set autocommit to false, create 3 tables,
do a commit(), reset autocommit to true, and leave.

Rick

Matt Sanford <mzsanford@aol.com> wrote:

> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:03:43 -0700
> From: Matt Sanford <mzsanford@aol.com>
> Subject: Re: Derby and Active Directory
> To: Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
>
> Quick question, what directory is your application attempting to crea
> te a database in//?
>
> rick.strong@med.nyu.edu wrote:
>
>> > Greetings,
>> >
>> > I've written a desktop application that uses Derby as its database,> and
I've run into a problem. The app creates a database on first startup. One client site is running
Active Directory, and on their networked machines, it seems that the db creation process jams.
I suspect that they may have insufficient permissions to create a database, but they can read/write/install/etc
on their machines no problem. They tried installing it on a home machine that had never been
hooked up to their net, and it runs fine. Meanwhile, the app run great EVERYWHERE but there.
The clients say that they are admins on their own machines. I'm baffled.