db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject !!! Regression Search and Destroy Contest !!!
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:41:22 GMT
I posted the Wiki page this morning  for the Derby 10.2 Regression
Search and Destroy contest.   The contest winners will be:

"The top three developers or users who have made the greatest
contribution toward a seamless upgrade to 10.2."

Details are at: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy

Entries can be anything that helps ease transition to 10.2:  trying
applications, finding regressions,   reviewing documentation,
identifying  fixed Jira issues with application impact or anything else
that contributes to a seamless upgrade. Make sure you record your
results when you try applications with Derby 10.2 on the page at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting even if you
don't find any bugs.

We already have a couple of  contest entries.  Dan filed a regression,
DERBY-1554,  this afternoon. and Michael Bouschen did JDO 2.1 testing.
Contest ends September 15.

After you make sure everything is working as it was, don't forget to
try   JDBC 4.0, Grant/Revoke,  scrollable updatable resultsets  and all
the other great things that 10.2 has to offer.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoSnapshot.  When you find a bug
against  new features, file it in Jira and give yourself a point, but it
doesn't count in the contest.

Good Luck !

Kathey