db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Strong <rick.str...@med.nyu.edu>
Subject Derby and Active Directory
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:57:40 GMT
Greetings,

I've written a desktop application that uses Derby as its database, and
I've run into a problem. The app creates a database on first startup.
One client site is running Active Directory, and on their networked
machines, it seems that the db creation process jams. I suspect that
they may have insufficient permissions to create a database, but they
can read/write/install/etc on their machines no problem. They tried
installing it on a home machine that had never been hooked up to their
net, and it runs fine. Meanwhile, the app runs great EVERYWHERE but there.

The clients say that they are admins on their own machines. I'm baffled.

Has anyone had similar problems? Any solutions?

Thanks,

Rick Strong