db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stevo <steve1...@comcast.net>
Subject Embedding Apache Derby in Tomcat and creating an iBATIS JPetStore Demo
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:27:18 GMT
Excellent demonstration and now that I know how to do embed derby into
Tomcat, I have many uses for it.

Some notes from my environment.
Tomcat 5.5.17   in my home directory
Ubuntu Linux 6.06
Java 1.5 (Sun)

I had to fully qualify the url to the database:

 <!-- Global Datasource for Derby JPetStoreDB database -->
         <Resource name="jdbc/JPetStoreDB"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"  auth="Container"
              description="Derby database for JPetStoreApp"
              maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
              username="" password=""
              driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
              url="jdbc:derby:*/home/ouz/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/Databases/JPetStoreDB*"/>

After changing the database url I had to restart Tomcat to have it be recognized.

Deploying the application required a relative directory change on the URLs: (absolute path
might have worked as well)

	Context Path (optional):   /JPetStoreApp
      XML Configuration file URL:   *../work/JPetStoreAppGbl.xml*
            WAR or Directory URL:   *../work/JPetStoreApp.war*

-Steve