db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Database Procedures Question
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:21:30 GMT
dmclean62@comcast.net wrote:
> I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem with the system database producedures that
don't work. I upgraded to 10.1.3.1 (no effect). I looked in the databse system tables and
I can clearly see that there are entries in the aliases table for the procedures in question
and that those aliases belong to the correct schemas. I also checked that the class listed
in the aliases table can be loaded by using a Class.forName() call.

> An yet the procedures are not recognized.
>
> Obviously I'm missing something here. What else can I check?

You could look through Derby's tests to see how they are called, these
procedures are tested so they do work.

You can also provide a reproducible case to this list for others to look at.

I think the typical user error here is that the number of parameters to
the procedure or function call do not match the number expected by the
routine. The error message in this case doesn't make it clear that
that's the problem.

Dan.