db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Database Procedures Question
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:18:28 GMT
dmclean62@comcast.net wrote:
> I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem with the system database producedures that
don't work. I upgraded to 10.1.3.1 (no effect). I looked in the databse system tables and
I can clearly see that there are entries in the aliases table for the procedures in question
and that those aliases belong to the correct schemas. I also checked that the class listed
in the aliases table can be loaded by using a Class.forName() call.

> An yet the procedures are not recognized.
>
> Obviously I'm missing something here. What else can I check?

remember that a SQL function gets executed in a SQL query or with the
"values" statement while a procedure gets executed with the "call"
statement.  More info is on the
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines wiki page, including a
pointer to the functional tests, which might provide helpful examples:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/

Please feel free to improve that Wiki page!

 -jean