db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: should Clob.getSubstring() allow length of 0?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 02:02:37 GMT
Lance J. Andersen wrote:

> First, it seems someone took my subtle attempt at humor the wrong
> way.  My apologies as I was not trying to insult or offend anyone.

Thank you Lance for clarifying your intent.    I clearly misinterpreted
your  post and  my request for clarification should have been less
abrasive and more open-minded so was clearly Not OK.

> I think i will sign off derby-dev for a while...

Please do not sign off of derby-dev or derby-user.  You are a critically
important member of the community.   I think we all want an environment
where feedback on code or on posts is positive, where developers submit
their code or ideas eager for thorough review and  are thrilled to get
feedback for improvement.    Hopefully we can work through
misunderstandings like this that occur along the way.  Clearly the
answer is *not* to sign off.

Kathey