db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: should Clob.getSubstring() allow length of 0?
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:26:21 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

> Now that Kathey has kicked it back to you and me ...

[snip conversation on addressing the issue]

Thank you Craig for following up on this.  I always give myself a point
for every Derby bug I find and file even if it doesn't directly affect
me or my current support cases because I know it will help a user down
the road and help  make Derby better.  Even though this one is no longer
worth the point to me because of the language involved  I am sure there
is a user down the road that will benefit from your efforts.

I did want to clarify with Lance however whether he thinks the language
he used to describe the usage is appropriate for derby-user, whether the
usage itsself was correct or not. I am sure it was just the result of a
very hard day in the JDBC compliance world as I have never seen anything
like that from Lance before.  I have plenty of posts in the permanant
archives  resulting from such days that I wish I could purge and often
feel better  knowing at least my own personal rejection of my comment is
there for the record too.

Lance, do you think your words describing the getSubString usage in this
thread :
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-should-Clob.getSubstring%28%29-allow-length-of-0--p5336628.html

were
[  ] OK
[  ] Not OK

?

Sorry for my lack of clarity  in describing my concerns.  I think it
stems from my unwillingness to quote or cut and paste the comment in
question.

Kathey