db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Charlie Kelly <Char...@CharlieKelly.com>
Subject Re: Apache Derby with Hibernate3 (more specificly GRAILS)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:05:37 GMT
Hi Lance,

Derby works well with Hibernate 3.0; I don't have any experience with
GRAILS.

You'll need a hibernate.properties file (possibly within GRAILS) that
contains the following statements:

    hibernate.dialect org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyDialect
    hibernate.connection.driver_class org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver

Charlie