db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Can I encrypt a non encrypted database ?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:01:36 GMT
Supal J Patel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I have a database which is not encrypted and have some data in it ,
> can I now encrypt that database ? In all the manuals they talk abt
> how to create a new encrypted database. Its no where mentioned that if
> you can or can not encrypt already existing database which is not
> encrypted.

Hello Supal,

I don't think encrypting an existing (unencrypted) database is possible
yet, but there is somebody working on adding this feature. You can track
the progress by watching the issue DERBY-1156:

Does anyone know if this issue is still on track for the upcoming 10.2
release?

Regards,
--
Kristian