db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Flavio Palumbo" <flavio.palu...@fastwebnet.it>
Subject connection strange behavior
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:15:56 GMT
Hi all,

I wrote a little class, derived from NsSample.java found in D:\db-derby-10.1.2.1-bin\demo\nserverdemo,
to start an embedded server and use it with an embedded client (no embedded
driver but org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver) fron within a java application,
all in the same JVM.

The first strange thing I found is that if I try to access the data with
the ij utility while the application is running, I receive a messagge like
this :

ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database 'c:\ESQueryProd\derbyDB', see the next
exception for details.
ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the database
C:\ESQueryProd\derbyDB.

Obviously, when I close the application everything goes fine.

I thought that network server shares connection and data, but it seems not
to be true.

How can I do that ?

I found the same behavior starting the application twice from newtwork :
the first application starts correctly, the second freezes until I shut down
the first.

Thanks for any suggetion

Flavio

PS I run with jvm 1.4.2_09 with win XP sp2 and derby 10.1.2.1