db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not able to create encrypted database
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:56:30 GMT
Hi Supal,

 > JVMJ9VM011W Unable to load j9jit23: The specified module could not be
found.

The above error seems to stem from the JVM.  From the file name  j9jit23, it seems you are
using IBM15 sdk,
is that true?

I tried your test case and did not see the JVMJ9VM011W exception, but my create db still failed.
I checked the ibm15 version that I have and did not find any J9 related JCE extensions, which
makes sense why the
db creation fails with the following errors:

<snip>
SQL Exception: Failed to create database 'SupalDB', see the next exception for d
etails.

ERROR XBM0G: Failed to start encryption engine. Please make sure you are running
 Java 2 and have downloaded an encryption provider such as jce and put it in you
r class path.

ERROR XBCXF: The class 'com.ibm.j9.jce.provider.J9JCEProvider' representing the
encryption provider cannot be found.
</snip>

My IBM15 version:

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pwi32dev-20060511 (SR2))

IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows 2000 x86-32 j9vmwi3223-20060
504 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20060501_06428_lHdSMR
JIT  - 20060428_1800_r8
GC   - 20060501_AA)
JCL  - 20060511a

Also, the db creation works fine with com.ibm.crypto.provider.IBMJCE (the one available with
IBM15)

Are you using the default installation of the IBM15 sdk (with the JRE) ? Can you verify if
there
is any J9 specific JCE provider in your jre/lib/ext directory ?

Regards,
Rajesh

Supal J Patel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Derby 10.1.1 release. I am trying to create a encrypted
> database with J9 JRE. With J9 I am getting one JCE provider which is
> called J9JCEProvider. When I try to run the attached JDBCTest.java
> class I am getting the error "ERROR XBCXG: The encryption provider
> 'J9JCEProvider' does not exist.". For complete error message please
> refer to the attached ErrrorLog.txt file.
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Supal Patel

>JVMJ9VM011W Unable to load j9jit23: The specified module could not be found.
>SQL Exception: Failed to create database 'c:\SupalDB', see the next exception for details.
>	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.createDatabase(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
>	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:181)
>	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:148)
>	at myapp.JDBCTest.createConnection(JDBCTest.java:27)
>	at myapp.JDBCTest.main(JDBCTest.java:20)
>ERROR XBM01: Startup failed due to an exception. See next exception for details.
>	at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.exceptionStartingModule(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.bootService(Unknown Source)
>	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.createPersistentService(Unknown
Source)