db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Leslie Software <lesliesoftw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re: Derby plug-in for 10.1.3.1 - suggestion / contribution
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 11:25:54 GMT
----- Original Message ----
>From: Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com>
>
>On 7/7/06, home4slc@pacbell.net <home4slc@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>> I believe the most important part about this checklist is to complete an ICLA.
>> Also, please file a JIRA to attach the patch to.
>>
><snip>
>Hi Ian,
>
>You can file an issue without needing additional permissions. But to
>edit issues after they are filed, you will need to be added to the
>derby-developers group. You have two userids in JIRA, ianleslie and
>lesliesoftware, if you do need developer access to edit a JIRA issue,
>please let me know which id you would like granted access. Also, if
>you would prefer that I remove one of the accounts, I can take care of
>that as well.
>
>thanks,
>andrew

Thank you Andrew and Susan,

 I have logged JIRA issue 1488 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1488).  I had a
little trouble attaching screen shots - they never seemed to be visible.  So I gave up on
that and just attached the .png files you have already seen.  I attached a .zip file that
contains the core plug-in and a feature to go with it.  Interested people can give it a try
if they like.  This is targeted at Eclipse developers who are creating an RCP application.
 The same kind of thing could be done for people planning to install the .core and .ui plug-ins
into their IDE as well that way Derby would show up in the Eclipse about box too - one thing
at a time though:-)

 I am moving houses next week and do not expect to have a lot of free time but I would like
to see this get contributed.  As you can see there are no code chagnes only packing differences.
 Anyone with free time this week can take if from here if they like or I'll start looking
at the SVN tree after that.  I take it further discussion and questions I have about that
should be moved to the dev list.

 Ian

--
Ian Leslie - Shareware Author (mailto:lesliesoftware@yahoo.com)