db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Leslie Software <lesliesoftw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Derby plug-in for 10.1.3.1 - suggestion / contribution
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:16:20 GMT
I recently upgraded to 10.1.3.1 and was pleased to see an eclipse plug-in available.  Previously
I had been rolling my own out of the regular install.  I am using Derby in an RCP application
and therefore have a desire to have a feature too.  After my upgrade I switched to using your
distributed plug-in and changed my home grown feature to reference it instead of my home grown
plug-in.  The one short coming of the distributed plug-in is that it lacks branding which
means the derby feature does not present a logo on my application's about box nor does it
offer links to licensing etc.  So, I tweaked the distributed plug-in to add branding information.
 I copied the notice files from the normal distribution created a .gif file (based on your
recent branding efforts) and created a branded feature.  Now Derby takes its proper place
in my application's about box.  I have attached a screen shot of my app's about box and the
Derby feature's about box.

I would like to suggest the official distribution also contain these changes.  What would
be the right way to contribute this?  I have Eclipse projects that create my versions of the
plug-in and feature plus I have a deployed image too.

Thanks,

Ian

--
Ian Leslie - Shareware Author (mailto:lesliesoftware@yahoo.com)