db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Leslie Software <lesliesoftw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Trouble accessing read only DB with 10.1 (created and accessed fine with 10.0)
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 05:03:02 GMT
I was using and just this evening upgraded to but I cannot open my read-only
database any more.

My connection code does this
        //  Initialize the derby driver
        Class.forName ("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"); //$NON-NLS-1$
        .... // code that setups up connectionString eliminated
        myConnection = DriverManager.getConnection (connectionString);

Where connectionString is:
And there is a Cards.jar with a MtGCards database inside at the specified location.

The call to getConnection throws the following execption:
SQL Exception: Failed to start database 'jar:(P:\WizardsFamiliar2\com.lesliesoftware.wizardsfamiliar.database\Cards.jar)MtGCards',
see the next exception for details.

The next exception is:
SQL Exception: Container was opened in read-only mode.
I reviewed the 10.1 documentation and it looks just the same as in 10.0 <http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/devguide/cdevdeploy11201.html>.
 What am I doing wrong?  What changes do I need to make?

Any guidence or ideas would be appricated,

Ian Leslie - Shareware Author (mailto:lesliesoftware@yahoo.com)

View raw message