db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Leonardo Kenji Shikida" <shik...@gmail.com>
Subject saving zipped CLOB raises a "A truncation error"
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:59:12 GMT
I am trying to store a zipped string into a CLOB column, just like this

String compressedMatrix = ZipUtils.compress(matrix.getBuffer().toString());
pstmt.setString(2,compressedMatrix);

where ZipUtils is

	public static String compress(String is) throws Exception{
		 ByteArrayInputStream bais = new ByteArrayInputStream(is.getBytes());
		 compress(baos,bais);
		 byte[] xx = baos.toByteArray();
		 return new String(xx);
	}
	public static void compress(OutputStream os, InputStream is) throws Exception{
		byte[] buf = new byte[1024];
        ZipOutputStream out = new ZipOutputStream(os);
        out.putNextEntry(new ZipEntry("compressed"));
        int len;
        while ((len = is.read(buf)) > 0) {
            out.write(buf, 0, len);
        }
        out.close();
        is.close();
        out.close();
	}

but I am getting this exception

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: A
truncation error was encountered trying to shrink CLOB 'PK' to
length

	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.completeExecute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parseEXCSQLSTTreply(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readExecute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readExecute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetPreparedStatement.readExecute_(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.readExecute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.flowExecute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.executeX(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)

I suppose that I don't have to specify charsets because it's assuming
it's the default one (UTF-8)

Any ideas? Invalid chars? In a CLOB column?

[]

Kenji
http://kenjiria.blogspot.com
http://gaitabh.blogspot.com