db-derby-user mailing list archives

From dmclea...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Bulk import From Jar
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:03:50 GMT
From: Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org>
> dmclean62@comcast.net wrote:
> > I was reading through the Derby Utilities manual about the bulk import using
> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA and I was thinking that it might be really useful
> to be able to import from a file in a jar. It doesn't look like this can be done
> now but perhaps I am overlooking something?
> If the routine takes a URL as well as a file name it might be possible.
> Java supports a URL scheme for jar files. See the javadoc for
> java.net.JarURLConnection. Derby usually accepts a URL or a file when
> taking a 'file' name for reading.

Thank you, Dan. That makes sense.

Before I even get a chance to try it though, I am getting an error message telling me that
the function is not recognized. I'm using Derby on MacOS 10.4.6 with the 1.5.0_06
JDK. I checked that "derby.jar" is in the classpath (the only requirement given in the Derby
Tools reference manual).

Any ideas?

Thank you,

ERROR 42Y03: 'SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA' is not recognized as a function or procedure.
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.StaticMethodCallNode.bindExpression(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.JavaToSQLValueNode.bindExpression(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.CallStatementNode.bind(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepMinion(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.prepareInternalStatement(Unknown
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement20.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement30.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
       <application code part of stack trace follows>

View raw message