db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Halley Pacheco de Oliveira" <halle...@gmail.com>
Subject Use Derby in a J2EE Server environment
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:25:10 GMT
The article "Use Derby in a J2EE Server environment" at
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0509bradbury/,
written by Stanley Bradbury, shows how to  "Set up a Derby Resource
Manager with WebSphere Application Server Community Edition".

I'd like to know if it is possible to do this or something equivalent
in Tomcat, and if there is an  article showing how to do this.

I also would like to find information about starting Derby Network
Server as a service (daemon) when Linux starts and shutting it down
when Linux shuts down.

I need to use Derby with the Application Server  because I installed
the Apache Roller blog server accessing Derby. I don't want to migrate
from Tomcat to WebSphere Application Server Community Edition, however
if there aren't alternatives I'll have to do it.

Thanks,
halley