db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie questions on PreparedStatement in Derby
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 22:17:21 GMT
On 6/8/06, Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Najmi@sun.com> wrote:

> OK. So I will make sure to explictly close all PreparedStatements in
> finally blocks and not rely on Connection.close() so as to avoid:

> One more related question. Are there known memory leaks if my
> application also does not close regular Statements (as opposed to
> PreparedStatements)
> and relies on Connection.close()?

Yes. The memory leak applies to regular Statements too. Please close
all statement objects explicitly after use.

Most of DERBY-210 has been fixed by the following sub-task
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1103. These fixes will be
available in the upcoming 10.1.3 release.

The list of outstanding issues for DERBY-210 can be seen at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-210#action_12370254

Thanks,
Deepa