db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject New 'Hints And Tips' section on the Derby WIKI
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:05:19 GMT
I want to announce and solicit help in building the new Hints and Tips section of the Derby
Wiki.  Over time I've created and collected useful information / processes / queries / etc.
about how to do things using Derby.  I've begun placing this information on the Derby Wiki
thinking others might find the information useful.  The main link-page to these topics is:

        http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HintsAndTips

If you've been using Derby and have a favorite query, technique or tidbit you find clever
or useful or both please share it with the rest of the community by adding a link to the page
listed above.  This is done my editing the page and providing a WIKI name in the first column
of the table.  Save the page then click on the link created by the new Wiki name and paste
the information into the new Wiki page that is created.

Don't worry if you haven't added to the WIKI before.  The hardest part it picking the Wiki
name (multi-word, mixed case string) for your new page (example: HintsAndTips, CheckingForIndexStatistics).
 The Wiki formats and wraps plain text well (no end of line characters please).  The Wiki
Help contains more information on this process:   http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HelpOnPageCreation

If you are new to this and want to try some of the fancier formatting provided start at the
Help for Beginners page:   http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HelpForBeginners