db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for 10.2 release schedule
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 03:01:47 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>>Btw, to which files does the COPYRIGHT containing an IBM copyright
>>notice refer to ? A search in the Derby sources did not bring up any
>>source copyrighted by IBM.
>
> The original contribution of Derby was from IBM, hence IBM has the
> copyright on all those original files. The ASF policy is not to have
> individiual copyright statements in each source file and the new policy
> (I think) is to remove the copyright statement in each source file,
> leaving just the reference to the Apache Licence in the source file.

two clarifying notes ...

The thread for the new policy starts at [1]. It moves only the ASF
copyright to the NOTICE file [2]. Users interested in this change wrt to
DERBY can track DERBY-1377 [3].

The derby NOTICE file [4] already references the IBM contribution, which
ties back into Dan's point (I hope).

 -jean

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200606.mbox/%3c1551070F-EDE7-40DC-9C97-79BF24E9FD59@apache.org%3e