db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Strange assert failure, should I be worried?
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 02:52:09 GMT
Hi all.

Our application was reading from a BLOB stream, and allegedly something
went wrong during the transaction (which is why we're seeing rollback
here.)  We retry in such an event but apparently three failures in a row
must have occurred, in which case we give up.  What baffles me the most
is that I can't see any error with what's actually being displayed
on-screen -- the data is all correct.

> org.apache.derby.iapi.services.sanity.AssertFailure: ASSERT FAILED setCurrentContextManager
- mismatch threads - current Thread[(thread class)$1,6,main] - cm's Thread[(thread class)$1,6,main]
>     at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.sanity.SanityManager.THROWASSERT(SanityManager.java:150)
>     at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.context.ContextService.setCurrentContextManager(ContextService.java:333)
>     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.setupContextStack(TransactionResourceImpl.java:274)
>     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setupContextStack(EmbedConnection.java:1464)
>     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.rollback(EmbedConnection.java:894)
>     at com.nuix.store.database.DatabaseWrapper.wrap(DatabaseWrapper.java:91)
>     at com.nuix.store.binary.DatabaseBinaryStore$StoredInputStream.read(DatabaseBinaryStore.java:413)

So should I be worried about this kind of error?  It's the first time
I've ever seen one, and viewing the same data over and over doesn't seem
to reproduce the problem.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll