db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [MEMORY]Free memory
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:15:28 GMT
yves pielusenet wrote:

> Here is two screenshoots of jmp (Java Memory Profiler). My application
> create 10 derby database (2 by 2).
> So before when I didn't shutdown database (look at the Heap size  =
> 63.5MB) :
> http://narma.free.fr/depot/sansShutdown.png
>
> And now when I shutdown databases (I draw red arrow each times 2
> databases are shutdown (at the same time)):
> http://narma.free.fr/depot/avecShutdown.png
>
> It is the same application and the second screen shoot has been taken
> more longer after then the first. So I save ~40M :c)

Interesting graphs... I have not used JMP before (but similar tools); so
would you mind telling us what exactly the gray, pink and green colors
represent in your screenshots?

I am assuming that the x-axis represents time and that the y-axis
represents bytes (heap usage and/or capacity).

Also, which JVM version/vendor are you using, and which version of Derby?

--
John