db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Mueller, Stephen Ng" <snmu...@sandia.gov>
Subject Derby hogging CPU on startup
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:09:46 GMT
Hi,

I am using emdedded Derby for one of my applications.  After calling
connection.open() on the database, the connection is returned promptly
with no problem.  However, after this, my CPU usage goes to nearly 100%,
and my computer slows down.  I can perform inserts on the database while
this is happening, but they take a while.  Is Derby going through some
sort of start up procedure?  Should it be taking up this much CPU?  It
takes about a minute or so before completing, and my CPU usage returns
to normal.  Anyone know why this is happening and how/if I can alleviate
the problem?  FYI, I am using Derby 10.1.2.1.

Thanks for the help,
Stephen