db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Segel" <mse...@segel.com>
Subject RE: "generated by default" question
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:39:10 GMT
Andrew,

Its disappointing that you just don't want to produce a product that works
and works well.

If flight control systems were designed by programmers like yourself, we'd
be in a world of hurt. (Don't even get me started on weapon's control
systems either.... ;-)

Now I do realize that not everyone here is a software engineer, nor adheres
to the disciplines taught in software engineering programs. Nor did everyone
here have to sit through hours of boring math classes taught by professors
who had poor communication skills.

Don't you take pride in your code?

I mean, heck, it's a simple fix. Low overhead and makes Derby more reliable.

I bet you're the type of guy who owns a Fred Flinstone car. You know, the
type where you have a rusted floorboard that when you want to stop, you put
your feet down?

I'm more of a 4 wheel anti-lock disk break kind of guy, where I know that
they'll work and work well. Cause lord knows, I don't want to have to rely
on my air bag to stay alive!

Nuf said.

-G