db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Need help!
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 23:49:47 GMT
----- Original Message ----
From: kamna jain
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2006 9:50:14 AM
Subject: Need help!

Can you please tell me how to export MS Access database to a Derby database in Eclipse envt.

Kamna Jain
Hi Kamna,
The Web Tools Project (WTP) set of Eclipse tools allows you to import and export data sets
into a Derby database and is available for download at: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/
I looked around a little bit and found this plug-in for use with MS Access databases, although
I have
never tried it:
eva/3 Application Builder:
It appears to support import and export functions as well although I can't tell if it has
generation tool.
The worst case you would have to manually create the tables in Derby, export the data from
MS Access
using the eva/3 Application Builder and then import the data into Derby using the WTP set
of tools.
Good luck!

View raw message