db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suavi Ali Demir <dem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: equal query for derby " select sysdate from dual in oracle"
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 20:13:16 GMT
Instead of "dual", in IBM lingo, i believe that table is called SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1.

  For example to test a connection you can use:
  SELECT 1 FROM SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1

  or yours would be:

  SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP FROM SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1

  VALUES(1) would work in DB2/LUW but not work in OS/390 for example, but above version would
work in all.

  Since Derby comes from IBM Cloudscape, it has this SYSDUMMY1 table.

  Regards,
  Suavi Demir

Manjula G Kutty <manjula.kutty@gmail.com> wrote:
  vijayan k wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like to get the system date from the derby SQL statment.
> in oracle we have default table "dual" here
> if we write query as "select sysdate from dual" w'll get the system date.
>
> i need like this in derby
>
> Please help me out ASAP
>
> Thanks
>
> Vijayan.gk

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Hi,

I don't know much about oracle. But in derby if you give the following
command

VALUES CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

you will get the current system time.

For further reference please visit this link
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefjdbc88908.html

Thanks
Manjula