db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Segel" <mse...@segel.com>
Subject RE: "generated by default" question
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:02:18 GMT
Right.

I don't think hilz was really suggesting piracy.

Its just as easy as to test how Informix/DB2/... handles this and to them
mimic that behavior.

You've already made a good suggestion that would be "easy" to implement.

I believe that there may be a more elegant solution if you look at the
associated index, however I'm not sure on how efficient it would be.
(Meaning, I've thought a little bit about it, just haven't really played
with the idea yet...)