I'm using apache Derby as a single-user system and because of that I would like to follow a tip that I've read in Apache Derby Tuning Guide 10.1.
The tuning tip was to "Turn off row-level locking and use READ_COMMITTED isolation level"
What I would like to know is how can I disable row level locking (I think that  it's the default mode on Apache Derby)  and enable table-locking??

Regarding  READ_COMMITTED isolation level I think doing:
    conn.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED);
will do.

Thanks,
apdinis.