db-derby-user mailing list archives

From nexus <ne...@studcs.uni-sb.de>
Subject Re: locktable with null XID
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 12:29:00 GMT
Xavier Vigouroux <Xavier-Francois.Vigouroux@...> writes:

> hi,
>
> I have some problems with the lock tables. here are my questions?
>
> o In which conditions locktable() contains entries with NULL XIds?
> o How can we get rid of them as the lock may not be relevant?
>
> Thanks

I have the same problem here. It seems that the problem arises only if
the "derby.locks.escalationThreshold" is too small?

Is there a way to release such a lock? At the moment I handle the
problem by shutting down cloudscape-server and restarting it again
(very ugly).

The Cloudscape-API tells that XID is never allowed to be "NULL". Thus
I assume that is a bug? I am using Cloudscape_10.0.

Help is appreciated!

greetings

nexus.