db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Out of Memory
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 15:52:56 GMT
Hi,

Often, memory leaks are caused by not closing statements or result
sets. If you post the program that leaks, we might be able to help
you figure out if it's a problem in your application or a problem in
Derby.

Regards,

Craig

On May 15, 2006, at 5:02 AM, Michael Andreasen wrote:

> I am running derby in embedded mode using EmbeddedSimpleDataSource
> and I am running out of memory.
>
> If I start with an empty, newly created database, and try to do a
> loop that just keeps inserted records, I get an out of memory error
> after it has inserted about 12,000 rows.
>
> I am running a small application with the -Xmx8m set, when it
> begins inserting free memory is about 6m. As it runs this goes down
> and down until I get an OutOfMemory Exception.
>
> It is as if every insert is being cached?
>
> Any ideas?

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!